#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} #header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;}

Thursday, October 22, 2020

jordy's bracelet

 ETV Jordy’s problem   


Question and clarify


Watch this introduction and video.  


Every time I pause it, I will role-model what questions I have and how do I clarify my thinking.


We ask questions constantly and we make connections with what we already know, this is how the brain operates when it creates understanding when we read texts.  

Our brains constantly question and clarify at light speed - this exercise will slow down the process, to make the skill clearer.


Starts at 1.30

Question (wonderings)

Clarify (meanings/answer)

Break  1

1.30 to 1.47

Why do they say rules so much?

What are they talking about?

What are they going to say next?

No exemption-not tolerated?

Because its the topic

Bracelet

They went back to 

The start of the story 

Treat Taonga


Break 2

1.47 to 1.50





Whos Jordy?

Where is palmerston North 

What happened to the bracelet?

School girl victim. 

North Island

Cut off, re attached back together

Break 3

1.50 to 2.04

Why is she sad?

What importance does the bracelet have?







Because she cant wear her bracelet

It was given to her by her Dad

Break 4

2.04 to 2.19

What are anger issues and why do they have anything to do with this?




Anger issues is a thing were some people get angry more easily

Controlled Release now it’s time for you to ask the questions as I stop.  

Who’s got questions?  How many can we answer from above now?

Break 5

2.19 to 2.35


How did he die?

When did she get the bracelet?


Not sure for how he died 

She got her bracelet when she was born

Break 6

2.35 to 2.58

Why are they making such a big deal over a bracelet?

What is a christening bracelet? 

How old are you when u get it? 

Would it not have to be cut off anyway?

Because its the only thing she has left of her dad

Not sure

First born

Yes it would of

Break7

2.58 to 3.19

If you can wear a greenstone why cant she wear the bracelet 

religous

Not sure

Break 8

3.19 to 3.46

What does a traditional school mean?

What did the mum do?

What did mum do that she thought is now wrong?


Original rules

Not sure

Not sure

Break 9

Why do you think parents support the rules?

Does that mean the rules are fair for everyone?

What is an alternative soulution?

Not sure

Yes

Not sure








 

 














No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post.